Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Honduras?
So like forty-eight hours after this Historic Deal was struck, nobody agrees on what it says, not even a little bit. There are loopholes, there are congressional votes, there are supreme court decisions, this shit will never end, blah. Anyway for your reading "pleasure," we submit:
- Greg Grandin on why this deal is so screwy, from a lefty perspective.
- This Wall Street Journal editorial, which pretty much comes to the same conclusion from a not-lefty perspective.
- The Moderate Voice, on how douchey the Washington Post has been on all this.
- Some unsourced rumors, in Spanish, about how the Honduran congress made a deal with Clinton to vote Zelaya back in.
- Some sourced rumors, in English, that lefty US Labor Secretary Hilda Solis will be on the "verification commission" to make sure that this screwy, loophole-ridden deal is enforced.
- An English translation of the whole thingamajig. Luck you!